[Teammetrics-discuss] Finding out which VCS a team is using.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:37:11 UTC 2011

Hi!

We just got lucky :-)

Remember the problem where we had to test through hit and trial as to
which VCS the team was using? Here is what you and I decided:

> So your first idea is probably the best:
>   - Check SVN
>   - *and* Check Git

I just remembered what Scott had said -- we can find out which team is
using what just by SSHing into Alioth and navigating to /svn and /git.
If the team has a directory in /svn, it uses SVN and so on for Git!
Simple! This makes me happy, I was not comfortable with the previous
hack we decided.

--
Sukhbir