[Teammetrics-discuss] Git and SVN Statistics update

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:56:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

repository.update()

Here are the changes:

+ In the directory 'commit', you will find gitstat.py and svnstat.py,
which handle Git and SVN repositories respectively. The code is
simple, it's just calling the log programs and getting the output.
There is no complexity here because if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

+ I have changed the database name to teammetrics in archives.sql. Not
important, but you should know it.

+ You can test out gitstat and svnstat. To run gitstat, just start it
from a locally cloned Git repository. To test svnstat, modify the code
and provide a SVN repository. You don't need root permissions to test
either of these so go ahead.

The log code remains the same, once we have a reply from Alioth
administrators we will simply add a function that provides the script
with the required repositories.

+ Since the updatenames.py file is separate, we will call that for
gitstat and svnstat both. All hail modularization!

Here are some fun facts fpr the teammetrics repository:

     name      | changes | inserted | deleted
 Sukhbir Singh |      31 |      117 |     102
 sukhbir       |       1 |        6 |       0

I just hope that the Alioth administrators reply soon so that we can
close this part within this week and start with UDD in the next.

That's all for tonight!