[Teammetrics-discuss] Commit Stat.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:07:59 UTC 2011

>>     /srv/home/groups/teammetrics
>
> And there is just no such file parse.info on vasks. :-(

I had removed it to restart the process (the refresh.sh file can be
used when starting a new test run), but it's there :) And in the same
path.

Now to the main thing.

As I had noticed that it stops weirdly at some specific revisions, I
had a hunch that it had something to do with the revision being
missing or the size. So, for two specific revisions of `pkg-ofed` and
`pkg-perl` at which our script stopped:

(my local path)

$ du -h diff-ofed diff-perl
2.3G	diff-ofed
211M	diff-perl

:) So I guess this is what was causing the problem. 2.3GB and 211MB is
not exactly 'small', and that too when we are calling it via
`subprocess`. And this is for *single* commits. Couple this data with
around 70000+ commits on `pkg-perl` and then we see what the problem
is.

I think the reason the script stops is that it _appears_ to stop
because it is processing all this data. And this is the reason for ~
98% CPU usage, IMHO. If you think that this is the cause, the only
probable way of solving that I see is that we dump the output of each
revision to a temp file, parse it and then save it to `parse.info`.

It's worth a try if you feel that I should continue on this track...
let me know!