[Teammetrics-discuss] Commit Stat.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 14:40:20 UTC 2011

> Do you see any other way to prevent your script failing / taking ages
> when hitting such large binary commits?  Perhaps there is a chance to
> at least get the size of the commit before hand and set a limit when
> to parse the content and when just assuming "+1 commit"?

Hmm. The only problem is that we cannot do anything beforehand. Like
for example, even if I have to check how many lines a commit has, I
have to download it completely. Sure, after downloading, I can
implement this check :

if (number_of_lines > $THRESHOLD_LIMIT)
      skip parsing

But then, if I have already downloaded the commit, it's not much more
work to calculate the lines added/ deleted. The bottleneck is
_getting_ the 2GB commit data.

> Perhaps you need to contact some SVN experts about this (which is
> definitely not me).

Ok, I will do that. But the only way I see as to how to make this
better is to dump the data to a file instead of keeping it buffered. I
will try.