[Teammetrics-discuss] Commitstat using key authentication?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Sep 7 07:59:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 01:34:48AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > Considering your last mail I think such mails should go straight to the
> > listspam table (instead of just ignoringt it completely).
>
> We already do that :)

Ahh. :-)

> In liststat.py, in the loop which iterates over the messages, we do a
> `continue` or a skip only in the cases of:
>
>     Line 192 - 'From' header is empty
>     Line 247, 252 - 'Date' header cannot be parsed

What about a fake date like "1. <month> <year>".  This enables us to
keep track of the mail inside some specific mbox.

>     Line 288 - Unable to save to save the data to the database
> (exception is never raised)

Good to know that this exception is never raised ...

>     Lines 307 - Payload is invalid (broken)

Why not considerinf this as target for listspam table?

>     Lines 351 - Message-ID already exists

Good.

> For all cases above, it doesn't make sense to continue parsing the
> message (please correct me if I am wrong).

See above.

> So, for all other cases
> like encoding/ decoding errors, the message goes through our spam
> 'filter' instead of being ignored completely.

Fine.

> I am just waiting to test this tomorrow with a non-English list (had
> to delay due to scheduled power cut) to see how well it goes and then
> we will finalize this.

Fine.  I'm a bit busy today and offline (at least tomorrow) but I'll
catch up somehow at the weekend (hopefully).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de