[Teammetrics-discuss] Further encoding problem

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Sep 11 16:16:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 01:22:21PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > LookupError: unknown encoding: EUC-TW
>
> Is it an error? I can't see ;)

Python says Lookup_Error_ - so it is one by definition.

> A quick search reveals that this encoding is not supported by Python.
> So there is isn't anything we can do, except give it a skip, which ...

Sure, we can skip it - but the error should just be handled to make sure
the script will not stop at some point.

> > However, the logfile looks as if the job would have been finished
> > normally otherwise.
>
> ... we did! If the log file says 'Quit' as the last INFO, we are good.

Well, we actually are not.  Please not that I started *two* scripts

$ ./nntpstat.py ; ./liststat.py

and we only have *one* Quit string:

/var/log/teammetrics$ grep Quit liststat.log
2011-09-10 12:38:33,210 INFO: Quit

So there is actually a break because of the error above.

> > I'll test commitstat.py now.
>
> :) Feel free to suggest any changes, no matter how big/ small. It
> should be perfect and the way you want it.

We should handle the error and than run again the scripts ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de