[Teammetrics-discuss] Commit stats has some issues

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Dec 13 07:38:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 07:16:02PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > Well, no real problem with this but you seem to lack the change we once
> > injected to make sure that only changes in debian/ dir should be regarded.
> > *If* we do the calculation it should be correct.
>
> We are already doing this for Git, but not for SVN. Is this what you
> meant?

No.  What I mean is:  We agreed upon the thing that in Git repositories
we only regard changes done in the debian/ dir.  This *only* affects Git
because in the case of SVN we do store debian/ dir exclusively anyway.
Due to the hint of David Bremner in our DebConf 11 BoF you managed to
implement this for commitstats.  However, as I noticed now in
commitlines also people are showing up who only and exclusively
contribute upstream code in prominent places.  For instance rank 2 is
Andreas_H and 3 is Sébastien_B in Debian Med but they should not be
ranked that high regarding their commitment to the *packaging*.  So my
suspicion is that commitlines remains regarding any random commit.

I'd regard it an appropriate action to tear down commitlines completely.
If you think it should remain working than it should be fixed to have
reasonable results.

> > Yes, that's why I deactivated the graph generation now.
>
> Since we are getting close to a "live" version of Team Metrics, we will
> do this when there is sufficient motivation, AKA when people ask for it
> ;)

Well, we should not show wrong graphs - so commitlines should not be
part of the live version (except you consider it worth fixing.)

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de