[Teammetrics-discuss] Observations from current run of `archiveparser.py`.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Feb 6 20:50:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 12:16:07PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> 1. Run every message through spamfilter.py,
> 2. If it is spam:
>           generate a log entry

OK.

>           populate listspam

NO!  Please drop this table.  It's totally senseless.  Why should we
store SPAM twice when real mails get only half of this attention.  I
just dropped this table.

>           populate listarchives ALSO but set the boolean column:
> is_spam=True [your suggestion]

OK.

> That way we don't lose anything and both our purposes are served.
>
>     teammetrics=> ALTER TABLE listarchives ADD COLUMN is_spam boolean;
>     FEHLER:  Berechtigung nur für Eigentümer der Relation listarchives
>
> I translated what this means (heh!), so set this yourself and when you
> are done, let me know and I will start archiveparser.

Done.  We should find a better permission model to enable proper
permissions for you.

> Thanks for allowing this, I had a strong intuition about this and I
> didn't feel comfortable losing any message. Now I feel good!

It's not about "allowing" - you definitely have a word to find a
decision.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--