[Teammetrics-discuss] Please update updatenames.py

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jan 7 17:37:08 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

I did not verified whether it is now possible to call updatenames.py
from shell to fix some names without running any other code as I asked
for in

    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/teammetrics-discuss/2011-November/000622.html

When doing my last run of my old code (I think it was actually the last
run because the webparser perfectly fits the results - it is probably
even better because it seems to fetch some more messages I obviosely
missed) I needed to do some more name replacements.  I'm simply attaching
the SQL statements I issued to fix the old database which will probably
not harm on the new database as well.

In the end I decided to use 'ILIKE' in any case and we need to accept
more than one ILIKE statement connected by OR.  I think I previousely
suggested to always use (I)LIKE and not "author =" because if we leave
out any '%' character in the expression it is defacto a "=" and you can
simplify the code.  It also might make sense to move the replacement
strings into a separate file which is just read by updatenames.py and
this finally would be a configuration file and thus belongs to
/etc/teammetrics.

So if I try to stick to the attached examples an input file say

   /etc/teammetrics/changed_names.conf

could look like:

'Joost van Baal':		'Joost van Baal%', 'joostvb'
'Michael Hanke':		'mhanke-guest', 'mih'
'Mechtilde Stehmann':		'Mechtilde'
'Gonéri Le Bouder':		'Gon%ri Le Bouder'
'Frédéric-Emmanuel PICCA':	'Picca Fr%d%ric%', 'Fr%d%ric% PICCA', 'picca'

This file should be read by updatenames.py and turned into the
following statements

UPDATE listarchives SET name = 'Joost van Baal'         WHERE name ILIKE 'Joost van Baal%' OR name ILIKE 'joostvb' ;
UPDATE listarchives SET name = 'Michael Hanke'          WHERE name ILIKE 'mhanke-guest' OR name ILIKE 'mih' ;
UPDATE listarchives SET name = 'Mechtilde Stehmann'     WHERE name ILIKE 'Mechtilde'
UPDATE listarchives SET name = 'Gonéri Le Bouder'       WHERE name ILIKE 'Gon%ri Le Bouder' ;
UPDATE listarchives SET name = 'Frédéric-Emmanuel PICCA' WHERE name ILIKE 'Picca Fr%d%ric%' OR name ILIKE 'Fr%d%ric% PICCA' OR name ILIKE 'picca';

IMHO there is no need to call updatenames.py in the middle of any
archive gathering run but just at the end of each script which gathers
data.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--