[Teammetrics-discuss] archive parser issues

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jan 7 21:21:00 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

as I said in my last mail I think the web parser is pretty useful and is
probable better than my initial hack.  However, I think some issues are
left:

  - There is some need to exclude specific posters.  For instance in
    list debian-devel-announce the poster wnpp at debian.org wins which is
    wrong.  In my original code I used a list of @ROBOTS which were
    ignored as authors.  Most probably also "Debian Project Secretary"
    is not helpful.  Similarly for "bugzilla*" in debian-edu as well as
    "NM Front Desk" for debian-newmaint
    I would suggest putting those robots into a config file in
       /etc/teammaintenance

  - This problem is also valid for liststat.py if you look at
    pkg-java-maintainers featurning a poster "Mini-Dinstall" or
    pkg-samba-maint with "samba-bugs_at_s".
    In my script I simply dropped those mails from robots.

  - In debian-testing there are strange authors
      sharkey at superk.physics.sunysb.edu, xerces8 and BSG_Bushnell_T
    which need fixing via updatenames.  The last poster is
    Thomas Bushnell if I'm not missleaded.

Kind regards and thanks for all your work on this

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de