[Teammetrics-discuss] Updates and fixes based on recent discussions.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jan 10 10:33:14 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 02:21:10PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Lots of changes based on all we discussed.

:-)

> 1. updatenames.py now reads the names and the bots from two files,
> instead of within the script itself.
>
>     Location: /etc/teammetrics/
>
>     names.list      -       Updated names
>     bots.list       -       Bots to removed
>
> I deviated from the .conf name because it's not a configuration file
> exactly, but feel free to correct me if you feel otherwise.

I rarely question name decisions - these are perfectly fine.

> See the
> file structure in '/etc/teammetrics/' (repository) to see the
> structure. In nutshell:
>
> For names.list:
>
>     Real Name   : Variation of Name-1, Variation of Name-2 ...

I have just changed some variants of my name.

> For bots.list:
>
>     Bot to be removed-1
>     Bot to be removed-2

Fine.

> Our query for updatenames.py looks like this:
>
>     query = """UPDATE {0}
>             SET name = %s
>             WHERE name ILIKE %s""".format(table)
>
> :) I like the new changes.
>
> 2. Spam filtering support has been added to archiveparser.py. We will
> come to know how well it is doing when we test it.
>
> 3. From your other mail:
>
> >    "NM Front Desk" for debian-newmaint
> >    I would suggest putting those robots into a config file in
> >       /etc/teammaintenance
>
> Done (bots.list)
>
> >  - This problem is also valid for liststat.py if you look at
> >    pkg-java-maintainers featurning a poster "Mini-Dinstall" or
> >    pkg-samba-maint with "samba-bugs_at_s".
> >    In my script I simply dropped those mails from robots.
>
> Done.
> >
> >  - In debian-testing there are strange authors
> >      sharkey at superk.physics.sunysb.edu,
>
> Fixed. Eric Sharkey.
>
> > xerces8
>
> Can't find the real name for this, looks like 'xerces' prefers 'xerces' only!

In this case we can not do anything about the name ...

> > and BSG_Bushnell_T
> >    Thomas Bushnell if I'm not missleaded.
>
> Yup, fixed.
>
> I want to test these changes myself because there are certain things I
> want to observe and possibly so because there may be something
> missings. I will clear 'listarchives' when I get the go ahead from
> you.

I woas tempted to say: go ahead but I wanted to try updatenames.py on
the existing data first and compare with the recently created graphs.
When trying I realised that it needs and

  import os

and once I did so I was running into:

$ ./updatenames.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./updatenames.py", line 82, in <module>
    update_names(conn, cur)
  File "./updatenames.py", line 59, in update_names
    cur.execute(query, (key, ))
IndexError: tuple index out of range

So before cleaning up the database I'd suggest running it on the old
database and after this call render-all-graphs.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de