[Teammetrics-discuss] Progress report. First visible output :) Yay!

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:16:00 UTC 2012

Hi Sukhbir,

Hope you have settled down :)

> What's the progress?

[Unit Tests]

I have added unit tests for two modules with 19 tests and 93% code
coverage :) Tests for one module(API) is left now.

I am using nosetools as the testing tool though all the unittests are
written using the standard library. I have done so because django test
framework is tightly coupled with the ORM and expects a database to
run even the most basic tests (OR I would have had to write a custom
test runner), It is difficult to organize all the test code as test
discovery is not very flexible and it did not have a code coverage
functionality either.

To run the tests:
nosetests --with-coverage --cover-package=web.models,web.lib tests/

[API]

Monthly data for listarchives and commitstats is available over the
API. I have to finish the API for other metrics. I have written code
to extract annual data as well, which will also be mapped to some API
call.

Now, I'll switch the Hackathon mode and write the rest of API and unit
tests and minimal documentation before the deadline ends to submit the
second report. :)

--
Regards,
Vipin Nair