[Teammetrics-discuss] Project Update. Complete API for monthly data.

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:18:43 UTC 2012

Sorry, the mail was sent by mistake. I am updating it from where I left.

> I think I have completed the API for monthly level data access. Here
> is what I have done and do tell me If something needs to be added.

1) Monthly Data for a particular metric:

I present a user agnostic monthly data for a metric for each month for
all available years. This data is made available so that the end user
may be able to identify some trend in the data.

API Request Format : GET api/v<API_VERSION>/<TEAM>/<METRIC>/
Sample API Request: GET api/v1/teammetrics/list/

For example teammetrics list data for 2012 gives us the following information.

Year : 2012
month: 1 - liststat: 51
month: 2 - liststat: 44
month: 3 - liststat: 48
month: 4 - liststat: 12
month: 5 - liststat: 66

2) Monthly Data for Global Top N users

I identify the global top N users for a particular metric and present
each individuals data for each month for all the available years.
Global Top N means Top N contributors to any metric computed with all
the available data.

Data we get is an extension of the above but instead of just a value
for a given month, data for each of the Top N contiributors is
returned for a given month.

API Request Format : GET api/v<API_VERSION>/<TEAM>/<METRIC>/<N>/
Sample API Request : GET api/v1/teammetrics/list/5/

3) Monthly Data, All Metrics:

For this I return the monthly data for each metric for a given team.
The result is same as (1) but instead of a single metric, data for all
metrics is provided.

API Request Format : GET api/v<API_VERSION>/<TEAM>/
Sample API Request : GET api/v1/teammetrics/

I have written code that extracts all this code annually and soon I'll
create an API that provide access to above data on an annual basis.

Please do tell me, what other data, if any, must be made available to
the end user. I am aware that we must provide data for a custom time
frame instead of strict monthly/annual basis. I am working on that
now.

I am yet to complete unit tests for the API module, but i'll do it
soon and update this thread.

Thank you :)

--
Regards,