[Teammetrics-discuss] Fwd: Linking Metrics Together

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:58:08 UTC 2012

Forward to list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vipin Nair <swvist at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Teammetrics-discuss] Linking Metrics Together
To: Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu>

Hi Andreas,

> I admit I do not really understand the purpose of the plan to "link"
> metrics - so I'll comment only on the part I understand.

The idea is simple. If some one is interested in the performance data
of a particular team, (s)he would be interested in all the metrics,
i.e, liststats, commitstats, bugs and others, whatever is available.
Also, it will be easier for the end user as he will not have to
remember the names of say the mailing lists and other metrics. For
example, if I am interested in the data of the 'teammetrics' team, I
would want to see all data available for 'teammetrics'.

> helps.  We are running an UDD clone on blends.debian.net and the data
> about uploads and bugs closed are obtained from this database.  See the
> relevant Python scripts.  Just ask me if you need more permissions to
> access UDD.

Ok I'll look into this.

Thanks :)

--