[Teammetrics-discuss] Case-insensitive name matching

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 23:49:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

Andreas Tille wrote:
> I've got some positive feedback private mails which I could summarise as
> a "+2" here on the list for all people working on this project.

:)

>   http://blends.debian.net/liststats/commitstat_pkg-perl.png
>
>   "gregor h" == "Gregor H"
>
> Currently we can only set a matching in /etc/teammetrics/names.list to
> reflect this.  On the other hand a case insensitive matching of names
> comes to mind.

I was also surprised why this is the case, so I had a look at
`etc/teammetrics/names.list' and found that we had a typo: "gergor"
instead of "gregor". So fixing that:

    commit 70d05b

    -Gregor Herrmann : gregoa, gregoa-guest, gergor herrmann
    +Gregor Herrmann : gregoa, gregoa-guest, gregor herrmann

(I must admit, on the first glance, I overlooked this)

We don't have much of this with many other names, and for the cases that
this issue does exist, we are handling it explicitly. Example:

    Christian Perrier : bubulle, Christian PERRIER
    Mathieu Parent    : mparent-guest, Mathieu PARENT, sathieu

Now in the case someone wants his/her name in their own "preferred
case", we can do so on a case-by-case basis instead — like we are doing
now.

So pkg-perl looks like:

               name           | count
     Damyan Ivanov            |   670