[Teammetrics-discuss] Upload/Bugs data

Vipin Nair swvist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:36:36 UTC 2013

> before you reinvent the wheel please have a close look into the
> upload_history.py script.  The according SQL functions are defined in
> create_names_prefered.sql (and for the bugs in closed_bugs.sql).  The

Oh yes, This is from where I filled up a dummy config file initially.
I also wanted to know the wisdom of keeping this data as a python
dictionary instead of a config file. I am assuming this is so because
there are only few data points.

I am referring to:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=teammetrics/teammetrics.git;a=blob;f=upload_history.py;h=d86277b97bdac166fa58b5db6ac02ca01c42512c;hb=70d05b3e18b567c44c80d5f1bbfbbb3b8191e23f#l10

I just wanted to know if the data in the above python dictionary could
be retrieved from the database so that keeping this data in code could
be avoided.

> query is a bit more complex than your trials below - but they are read
> for use.  Please keep on asking if you need more precise advise.  Please
> test the test queries inside the *.sql files if you have trouble
> understanding what they are doing.

Yes, I have gone through this file. I am using this to retrieve the
bugs and uploads data. This part is *completely* done. the only work I
have to do now is the get the data as in the above URL. Either it
could be added in the config file or it could be retrieved from code
or it could be kept in the code itself as in the above URL. Keeping
that in code does not seem appropriate to me.

So I'll do one thing, I'll move this data to the config file in
web/config/metrics.conf and read it from there.

--
Regards,
Vipin Nair