[Teammetrics-discuss] Something is wrong with update-data

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 00:51:46 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

So I checked why our scripts are failing, both liststat and commitstat.
The good news is that the scripts are fine. The bad news is that some
sort of rate-limiting of requests is going on.

On running liststat, I noticed that after about 8/18 of the lists, we
started hitting the connection refused message. So I tried to manually
get the page, just to confirm everything was OK with our scripts:

$ wget http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-horde-hackers
--2013-10-20 21:42:20--  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-horde-hackers
Resolving lists.alioth.debian.org (lists.alioth.debian.org)... 217.196.43.134
Connecting to lists.alioth.debian.org (lists.alioth.debian.org)|217.196.43.134|:80... failed: Connection refused.

It seems like we are being rate-limited because after sometime,
connections to alioth work (but then we are blacklisted again). I
verified this through my VPS also so the problem is not with the blends
server but with alioth/vasks.

So how do you want to handle this? I can put in a sleep() between
fetching the lists or we can talk to the Alioth people to whitelist our
IP. I think the former is easier to do than asking them, but I wanted to
hear your take on this first.

--
Sukhbir