[Teammetrics-discuss] Update with references

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Apr 10 20:18:45 UTC 2014

Hi Sukhbir,

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 10:17:54PM -0400, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> >   SELECT "references" from listarchives ;
> >
> > *with* the quotes.  That's pretty stupid and I'm tempted to revert
> > the change via  DROP / ALTER.
> >
> > Could you please confirm that you have stopped the import and
> > I can start fiddling with the table?
>
> Oops! I have stopped it. When you are done, please let me know and I
> will start it again.

I guess I did understand now the reason why you used quotes: references
is a reserved word in (postgre)sql.  So we could start with fiddling
around with quotes but I prefered

    ALTER TABLE listarchives ADD COLUMN reference_id text;

Please adapt the code to the new column name (or suggest a better one).

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de