[tryton-debian] Packaging of suds-jurko (was: suds)

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Wed Jul 2 14:16:51 UTC 2014

* Jurko Gospodnetić: " Re: Re: Packaging of suds-jurko (was: suds)" (Wed, 02
  Jul 2014 12:15:35 +0200):

Hi Jurko,

[...]

>    * I still have not taken over the original project's documentation
> and that is something I'd really like to do so I can update it with all
> the fixes/updates made to the library. If anyone has experience with
> epydocs and the toolchain used to generate the docs in the original suds
> project and is willing to assist, I can take a look at that this weekend.

Sorry, no experience with epydocs on my side.

>    * If the suds-jurko fork is to be made public as a part of the debian
> distribution, I'd really like to rename it so it does not have my name
> in it. That was an ok identifier when the project was just 'my silly
> little fork', but now it just does not seem right.
>
>    * The name issue can be resolved by taking over the original
> project's name. However, I would really not like to do that before
> taking over the original project documentation.

Ok, I will wait happily with the update of the python-suds package until it
will be renamed on pypi. In case you didn't get the message from Donald, here
is what to do as soon as you think to be prepared [1].

>    * The only thing that pops to mind at the moment expect for bugs
> inherited from the original project are the two missing
> suds.client.Client methods (last_sent() & last_received()) Mathias
> already mentioned, but they are planned to be restored (and updated)
> anyway and this can be done fast, if required. I've been delaying this
> only because I'm using my time to design a proper test suite/environment
> for the project and would like to have tests for those function before
> reinstating them.
>
>    * Any technical issues you encounter - just let me know and I'm sure
> we can find a suitable fix/workaround. As the project is still in the
> formal status of 'my silly little fork', we can be very flexible with
> the project's structure & packaging. :-)

Great to hear all that.

Cheers,
Mathias

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2014/07/msg00008.html

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6