[tryton-debian] gnuhealth in testing blocking new Tryton series

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed May 7 15:21:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, 07 May 2014, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > It doesn't seem reasonable to provide versioned packages for all of tryton
> > but if only affects a few source packages then it might be reasonable.
>
> Is this a reasonable count of packages to be maintained additionally
> especially for gnuhealth? At least such a plan would guarantee, that we are
> *able* to upload 3.4 for jessie in case we decide the series to be mature
> enough.

I would say yes, but I'm also sure that the security team would dislike
the duplication. And it will also create some packaging challenges, either
we create conflicting packages or we need to namespace everything in those
alternative packages (and then gnuhealth needs some logic use those
alternative paths).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/