[tryton-debian] suds (was: favouring Python3 in the Debian policy)

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Thu May 8 09:11:01 UTC 2014

* Jordan Metzmeier: " Re: favouring Python3 in the Debian policy" (Wed, 7 May
  2014 21:55:20 -0500):

Hello Jordan,

> The jurko fork was the one I was working with when attempting the port
> to suds. I never made it to testing under python3.

[...]

> I consider debbugs to be broken, not suds.

Thanks for your detailed explanations.

Could you share, if you have any experiences with orginal suds compared to
suds-furko (or any of the other forks mentionned by Barry)?

I don't expect http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/suds/trunk to be revived [1] and
of course it would be preferable to have an actively maintained version of suds
in Debian. suds-furko seems to be the most appropriate candidate [2]. If no one
raises his hands or objects, I will try to do some tests and file the ITP.

Cheers,
Mathias

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/suds/2013-July/002127.html
[2]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7739613/python-soap-client-use-suds-or-something-else

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6