[tryton-debian] python-profitbricks-client: Please use a maintained soap library instead of deprecated python-suds.

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Wed Aug 26 09:32:21 UTC 2015

* Scott Talbert: " Re: [tryton-debian] python-profitbricks-client: Please use a
  maintained soap library instead of deprecated python-suds." (Sat, 22 Aug 2015
  11:52:54 -0400 (EDT)):

Hi Scott,

[...]

>>> Are you confirming that suds-jurko is definitely not API compatible with
>>> suds, or are you just stating that there is uncertainty whether it is API
>>> compatible?
>>
>> Indeed I recently stumbled about an incompatibility. This one refers to a
>> logging method and is not a big deal, but so I can confirm.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what was the incompatibility?

We had used in our modules something like

             log.debug(client.last_sent())
             log.debug(client.last_received())

After changing to suds-jurko those failed and there is also a related issue on
bitbucket [1].

JFTR: I am also answering to all bugs in CC, but I doubt we should post such
informations to all addresses.

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/jurko/suds/issues/39/missing-last_sent-and-last_received

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6