[tryton-debian] python-suds deprecation

Mario Lang mlang at tugraz.at
Wed Jul 8 08:30:36 UTC 2015

Hi.

I just noticed the following text in the extended Description of
python-suds:

 Deprecation Warning:
 This package is subject to be removed in a future Debian release and is only
 kept for backwards compatibility. Please consider using a maintained project
 like i.e. pysimplesoap (python-pysimplesoap, python3-pysimplesoap).

However, I don't see python.*-.*simplesoap in the archive anywhere.
Besides, fetching pysimplesoap via pip3 reveals that it is apparently
not python3 ready (which suds wasn't either, but still).  What am I
missing, why do you recommend it, if it is not packaged?

--
Mario Lang
Graz University of Technology
Email: mlang at tugraz.at