[tryton-debian] python-profitbricks-client: Please use a maintained soap library instead of deprecated python-suds.

Benjamin Drung benjamin.drung at profitbricks.com
Wed Jan 6 18:30:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Am Sonntag, den 03.01.2016, 20:59 -0500 schrieb Scott Talbert:
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, Scott Talbert wrote:
>
> >> After looking again to the current state of suds-jurko (which is
> no more
> >> fully
> >> API compatible), the result of the conversation at DebConf today
> between
> >> Benjamin and me is:
> >>
> >> * Benjamin wants to try first to port profitbrick packages to
> pysimplesoap,
> >>  which now has hit testing.
> >> * After that he will decide, if he wants to take over maintenance
> of the
> >>  current suds package to do a drop-in with suds-jurko or create a
> separate
> >>  suds-jurko package or if at lest he doesn't need suds at all.
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Is there any new news on the above?  Benjamin, have you decided to
> continue
> > maintenance of suds or are you going with pysimplesoap?
>
> Hello all,
>
> Given the non-response to the above, would anyone object to me just
> taking
> over maintenance of python-suds?

I have totally no objection.

I haven't found the time to look into replacing suds by pysimplesoap,
but colleagues of mine tried this replacement (on a different SOAP API)
and told me that pysimplesoap has issues and does not serve their
needs. Our long term solution is to switch from SOAP to REST (and then
use python-requests).

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung at profitbricks.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gauger, Achim Weiss.