[tryton-debian] trytond-admin error

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Fri Jan 20 11:34:24 UTC 2017

* Vincent Bastos: " Re: [tryton-debian] trytond-admin error" (Fri, 20 Jan 2017
  16:55:31 +1000):

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Vincent Bastos <vincent at lavalab.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey there,
> >
> > I just installed tryton on a brand new Debian instance.
> >
> > I was able to initialise a tryton database with trytond-admin earlier
> > today, but I am now initialising a new one and I am getting the following
> > error:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/trytond-admin", line 12, in <module>
> >     import trytond.commandline as commandline
> > ImportError: No module named commandline
> >
> > I'm not sure how to debug this. If anyone can suggest an idea?
> >

> OK, so after going out to lunch I realised what I should look at.
>
> I ran >python and imported trytond ( >>>import trytond ) and just ran
>
> The response was ....
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/trytond-3.4.15-py2.7.egg/trytond/__init__.pyc'
>
> obviously this is wrong.
>
> This happened because I ran python setup.py install in an old branch of my
> module.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks for clarifying. Also it seems your module is not up-to-date to the
tryton-server version installed on the system (trytond-admin was >3.4).

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6