[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Apr 27 08:38:09 BST 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
> So although it's off-topic: Could you please stop lecturing me with
> this attitude about opensource. I don't appreciate that. Thank you.

Agreed. I also find Mathias response a bit too passive-aggressive.
Mathias, you might not have intended it that way but it came out that way.

> Anyway, let's get productive. I decided to scratch my own itch and to
> fix https://bugs.debian.org/889041 and thus I inspired myself from one
> of your package to create the package for the notification email
> module. You can find the result of dpkg-buildpackage there:
>
>    http://www.b2ck.com/~nicoe/debian/
>
> I have a question regarding your packaging: I followed the maint-guide
> to understand the use of each file yet I did not find a reference to
> the directory 'upstream' which contains a set of PGP signatures thus I
> removed it from my own debian dir.

The debian/upstream/signing-key.asc file can be used by "uscan" to
validade the GPG signature on upstream tarballs, see its manual page for
details. I would suggest to keep it.

I have not looked at your package but I hope that Mathias is willing to
do it. If not, let me know and I will consider sponsoring your package.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer