[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Nicolas Évrard nicoe at openhex.org
Sun Apr 29 00:01:50 BST 2018

* Mathias Behrle  [2018-04-28 00:10 +0200]:

>A short look to the package shows:
>
>- Wrong Depends

OK fixed.

>- Wrong Suggests

I assumed that modules defined in the extras_depend would be good
suggests modules.

But now I've taken a look at tryton-modules-project-revenue which in
upstream has an extras_depend on the purchase module. Yet it does not
appear in the Suggests.

According to the policy:

    Suggests is used to declare that one package may be more useful
    with one or more others.

I thought that modules in extras_depend qualified for this.

Could you explain the reasoning behind not using this field?

>- Closes RFP instead of ITP

OK. I'll retitle the bug then.

>- Probably not lintian clean (I didn't do that as well, but the package long
>  description contains 'allows' instead of 'allows one')
>- and of course the missing/deleted upstream keys, but pgpsigurlmangle in the
>  watch file
>
>I hope it is understandable, that I will refrain from reviewing further
>versions (just as indicated in the original mail of this thread which I beg
>to repect).

Of course. I assume you won't package 4.8, will you?
I suppose I can make merge requests on for this new release anyway,
no? (I don't know when it will happen as I guess I still have some
stuffs to learn).

@raphael would you agree to review the packages or do you prefer if I
search someone to mentor me on this?

>PS:
>If it is intended to include the module in the backports and expected that
>I should do the maintenance with the rest of the suite it is essential to
>provide a git repos (preferably on salsa.debian.org, it should be easy to get an
>account) which matches exactly the branching layout of the existing modules.

Of course I prefer if this package is included in the backports as it
will benefit everybody. But as you said, this package is far from
being ready and moreover I just learned about the existence of the
infrastructure on salsa.d.o and the existence of gbp a few days ago
(but I can understand why you prefer it that way then the cumbersome
manual tasks I had to perform to create the package).

So of course I will follow the branching layout of the existing
modules.

Regards,

--
(°> Nicolas Évrard