[tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 04:33:47 UTC 2018

Mathias,

thank you so much for your reply

Let me make a point clear, though

> * Catonano: " Re: [tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable" (Wed, 10
> Jan
>   2018 20:07:30 +0100):
>
> Hello Catonano,
>
> > One more thing:
> >
> > with python 3 Proteus gets found, but some other bit is missing
> >
> > $ python3
> > Python 3.6.3 (default, Oct  3 2017, 21:16:13)
> > [GCC 7.2.0] on linux
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> >   File "/home/admin/tributi/proteus-4.6.0/proteus/__init__.py", line
> 20, in
> > <module>
> >     import proteus.config
> >   File "/home/admin/tributi/proteus-4.6.0/proteus/config.py", line 8, in
> > <module>
> >     import xmlrpclib
> > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xmlrpclib'
>
> You can see from the log that you are calling proteus from a non-system
> installation in /home/admin/tributi/proteus-4.6.0/proteus. To use the
> proteus
> library installed with Debian you need to clean up that installation.

/home/admin/tributi

is the location on a Tryton module that I am trying to develop

Of course it' s not a system path

In my module, one of my calculated fields is not working and I' d love to
use Proteus to debug it

Proteus is meant to connect to Tryton components and interactively inspect
them at a prompt

Using Proteus on system provided Tryton modules only wouldn' t make so much
sense

Proteus is probably the most useful on non system stabilized modules !

I hope this clarifies
Thanks
Bye