[tryton-debian] trytond-cron service

Mathias Behrle mbehrle at debian.org
Tue Jan 16 13:52:16 UTC 2018

* Maxime Richez: " [tryton-debian] trytond-cron service" (Tue, 16 Jan 2018
  14:18:22 +0100):

Hello Maxime,

> Hi Mathias,
>
> Wondering in your package how is working trytond-cron service.
>
> In the file tryton-server-cron.service, there's no database specified in
> ExecStart command:
>
> [Service]
> User=tryton
> Group=tryton
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/trytond-cron --config /etc/tryton/trytond.conf
> --logconf /etc/tryton/trytond_log.conf
> Restart=on-failure
>
> In Tryton Cron Service documentation, command line needs the database:
>
> trytond-cron  -c  <config  file>  -d  <database>
>
> Thanks for explanations!
>
> Maxx.

You are completely right and the service file doesn't make much sense like it
is. Since at installation time we can not know which databases should be
targeted by the cron service it must be defined manually later.
For your immediate needs just add the -d parameter for your databases and you
should be done.

I think I will move the cron service file as an example to docs with
installation instructions in the README.

Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6