[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Jun 28 22:33:45 BST 2018

Hello Matthias and Nicolas,

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive%E2%80%93aggressive_personality_disorder
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive-aggressive_behavior
>
> You may want to adjust the classification of your answer and please
> particularly point to the sentence you qualify aggressive instead of just being

Sorry, I did not mean to imply any illness or disorder, it's just that I
found your tone to be unwelcoming (that's the aggressive side) and your
unwillingness to accept help (that's the passive side) is a bit of a
problem in a collaborative project such as Debian.

It's OK to not be able to spend time mentoring someone but it's not a
reason to not encourage people to learn with others, in particular when
they are willing to help you on what you work.

This is doubly true when you are paid to work on something. Taking care of
the community while being paid is important. I know that you are not paid
currently but you are going to be paid in a few months and I don't really
want the money to be a reason for you to refuse help.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
> @raphael would you agree to review the packages or do you prefer if I
> search someone to mentor me on this?

As you noticed with the delay of my answer, I'm really too busy to be able
to take another duty... please try to find another mentor.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer