[tryton-debian] LTS effect at Debian Stable (buster)

Mathias Behrle m9s at mailbox.org
Fri Jan 1 19:48:14 GMT 2021

* Narcis Garcia: " Re: [tryton-debian] LTS effect at Debian Stable (buster)"
  (Fri, 1 Jan 2021 19:16:55 +0100):

> El 1/1/21 a les 14:22, Mathias Behrle ha escrit:
> > * Narcis Garcia: " Re: [tryton-debian] LTS effect at Debian Stable (buster)"
> >   (Fri, 1 Jan 2021 09:26:25 +0100):

> >> (using Debian.org repositories)
> >> $ sudo apt install tryton-server tryton-server-doc tryton-modules-all
> >
> > You won't get the regular bugfix releases for Debian stable on debian.org
> > mirrors, because stable only gets important and security fixes.
> >
> > To get the regular bugfix releases that you also might see in Debian
> > unstable and testing you have to use
> > https://tryton-team.pages.debian.net/mirror.html#how-to
> >
> > That's exactly the purpose of this mirror.
> >

> Thank you.

You are welcome.

> Many Tryton reports don't work with "stable" repository from Debian.org

I don't think there is any difference in reports for Tryton LTS during its
lifetime. For sure Tryton stable (LTS) will not include any changes on reports
if they are not important bugs.

> I don't understand Why minor versions are so frozen for Debian distro
> repositories

The emphasis of Debian is *stable*. This aim is achieved by only doing very
conservative merges. This is what Debian is known for.

> + Why not putting latest updates on backports.

Well, the current Debian backports only allow (for good reasons) the
backporting from testing.

That is exactly the reason why https://tryton-team.pages.debian.net exists:
latest backports for suitable Debian releases to close the gap exactly for
users like you.

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6