[Tts-project] festival-freebsoft-utils commited to tts repo

Sergio Oller sergioller at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 18:11:55 UTC 2014

Dear Peter and all,

I just took the liberty to upload festival-freebsoft-utils to the git
repository [1], since it was empty. I hope Peter (who created the
repository) does not mind (if you do, tell me and I will not interfere with
it anymore). While doing that I fixed the three lintian warnings, I remade
info documentation from sources (it was prebuilt in the source package), I
checked the Debian Policy and updated it and I added a watch file for the
package, so I believe it is in quite good shape for a final testing and
uploading round if you want.

There is quite a lot of work pending to do:
- Speech-tools (final testing?) and uploading
- Festival (final testing?) and uploading
- Remove festival-doc source package (once both festival and speech-tools
are uploaded)
- festival-freebsoft-utils (testing?) and uploading
- Add Czech voices repositories (if you want my help Peter, I can find some
time to do it)
- Add Finnish voices (does anyone thinks that we should not adopt it? I can
work on that)
- Add Catalan voices (I maintain the festival-ca and festvox-ca-ona-hts
packages. They are ready for being uploaded in [2,3]. If any TTS member
could sponsor them I would be really grateful. My previous sponsor is
perfectly fine with me moving these packages from collab-maint to the TTS
group).

Count on me for helping on these things.

Best regards

Sergio

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=tts/festival-freebsoft-utils.git;a=summary