[Tts-project] RFS: festvox-us-slt-hts

Sergio Oller sergioller at gmail.com
Mon May 12 23:13:18 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I recently packaged an American English female speaker HTS voice. I
believe this package would close festival bug 647099 "natural voice
like att research" [1], although maybe some more voices could be
packaged into debian before closing it.

I have uploaded the package to mentors:

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/festvox-us-slt-hts/festvox-us-slt-hts_0.2010.10.25-1.dsc

The corresponding Request For Sponsorship is available at bug 747618 [2].

Unfortunately, I have not been able to write a debian/watch file, as
upstream does not version voices. Therefore I have used a date-based
version naming, with a leading "0." to allow a smooth transition if a
"1.0" version of the voice ever gets published. As far as I know this
is all that can be done as similar packages such as festlex-cmu also
lack the watch file.

I would appreciate if someone could take a look to the package, review
it and sponsor it. I believe it is a candidate for a quite high popcon
as there are many threads in forums with tutorials to install those
voices.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=647099
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=747618