[Tts-project] Fwd: Re: Debian Packaging Request for WORLD

Tobias Platen tobias at platen-software.de
Sun Sep 6 08:06:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

I recently uploaded a software called WORLD to mentors.debian.net.

WORLD is a high-quality speech analysis/synthesis system on the basis of
Vocoder. Reducing computational cost compared with TANDEM-STRAIGHT is
achieved without deterioration.
WORLD was proposed to synthesize high-quality speech as natural as the
input speech. The purpose of WORLD is reducing the computational cost of
TANDEM-STRAIGHT without deterioration. WORLD is superior to
TANDEM-STRAIGHT in implementing the real-time singing synthesis, whereas
it is inferior to TANDEM-STRAIGHT in manipulating consonant flexibly.
Since the concept of WORLD differs from that of TANDEM-STRAIGHT, you
should select them based on your purpose.

It has been used in the vConnect-STAND singing synthesizer and it might
replace MBROLA once it is finished. I think it is important that WORLD
is included in Debian. Therefore I tried to file an ITP bug, but I got
an Internal Server Error.

Tobias Platen