[Tux4kids-discuss] Hello

Tim Holy holy at wustl.edu
Thu Mar 26 16:21:54 UTC 2009

Hi Jeffrey,

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 03:15:49 am Thompson, Jeffrey B wrote:
> My name is Jeffrey Thompson, from Grinnell, IA, and I was hoping to get
> more information on the GSoC project for TuxMath relating to LAN
> multiplayer.  What should I know about this project, and what do I need to
> do to apply?
>
> Skill set: Experience in Scheme, Java, and C, some classroom based
> experience in networking within a LAN through RPC.  If you have any other
> questions, feel free to contact me.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking---are you wanting more detail about what
the LAN interaction would do?

Basically, you are supposed to come up with a proposal for what you think
would be interesting, and how you plan to implement it. We can answer specific
questions, and the ideas page lists some things we think might be interesting,
but really this is supposed to be "your" project. Basically, scratching your
own itch, on Google's dime. Pretty good deal...

If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to try out the programs and
see what kind of functionality you might want to add.

Best,
--Tim