[Tux4kids-discuss] Admin Program Integration with tuxmath and tutype

satyarth sharma sharma.satyarth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 11:54:35 UTC 2010

Hi Michal,

I feel bit guilty not to mail you earlier but I have been kept busy by the
college with two midterm exams on 3rd and 5th April.I promise that
this won't be the case in the summer as there are no college deadlines
to meet, no assignments and definitely no tests as I will be on a a
holiday two and a half months long
 About what you said earlier about the intergration of admin program
with tuxmath and
tuxtype, can you guide me a little bit about what kind of an integration is
required? For example if the addition option is selected in the  set
option dialog of the tuxmath tab of the admin program, should the menu
of the tuxmath be changed to show only addition tasks: such as
addition of negative no.s addition of two digit no. and so on?
or should a new menu entry in style of "math command training academy"
be construcuted which provides only those submenus which have been
selected from the admin program?
the admin program can write the config file in the ~/.tuxmath  folder
from where the tuxmath can read the config before executing.ofcourse
this requires a patch in tuxmath code itself. then again the cvs
logfiles can be read from the ~/.tuxmath and ~/.tuxtype itself and a
weekly or any timed interval assessment stored with the help of
Qsettings class in the admin program itself.Also the frontend for
tuxmath admin and the tuxtype admin have to be integrated in the admin
program. these can be integrated in the tuxmath and the tuxtype plugin
of the admin program.

--
Regards
Satyarth