[Tux4kids-discuss] [GSoC 2010] Project questions

Marcin Fatyga fatygamarcin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 08:33:33 UTC 2010

Hello Tux4kids Community
My name is Marcin Fatyga and I am doing double degree program in computer
science and mathematics on Warsaw University. I would like to participate in
Google Summer of Code 2010 by contributing to Tux4Kids.

I have some knowledge of C and also am familiar with basic SDL. I also use
make and git as standard tools in most of my school project. I would like to
refactor common code from Tux Math and Tux Typing into a common library.
This could possibly include adapting some of the code to use SDL 1.3. Since
I am used to embracing new concepts and interested in software developing
and my school puts focus on writing readable, good commented code I see
myself as a good person for this project.

I would also like to ask about some more details concerning project - should
the library also include admin plugins? I would like to is there any
proposal template for Tux4Kids/what should my proposal include?

Best wishes
Marcin Fatyga