[Tux4kids-discuss] libt4kcommon update

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed May 26 17:39:32 UTC 2010

Hi Brendan,

On Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2010, Brendan Luchen wrote:
> A couple of questions:
> What actually constitutes being packager-friendly? Is it a very
> platform-dependent question? Are there guidelines on what kind of
> metadata/organization is needed? Or should I be asking someone else
> ;)?

there was a talk at this FOSDEM about this, the video is here:

http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2010/fosdem10/high/How_to_be_a_good_upstream.ogv

or

http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2010/fosdem10/low/How_to_be_a_good_upstream.ogv

Unfortunatly there are no slides at
http://www.fosdem.org/2010/schedule/events/dist_good_upstream so you will
have to watch the whole video, but it's worth it. I was there and enjoyed the
talk quite a bit.

"Do releases", "increase version numbers", "use sane version numbers" is what
kept stick in my head without scratching deep. But there was more good
stuff :)

cheers,
	Holger