[Tux4kids-discuss] [Tuxmath-devel] TuxMath

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 21:23:23 UTC 2010

Hi Thomas and Brendan,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Brendan Luchen <cheezmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the input. If two comets have the same answer, whichever
> comet is lowest gets zapped, but I agree this could be confusing if a
> kid is focusing on the other one.
>
> Google Code-In (http://www.google-melange.com/site/home/site) has just
> kicked off, so tackling this would be a good task.

I saw this a few days ago - how about have *all* comets with the
correct answer get zapped?  We could then have some "bonus" sound
effects or animation.  Just trying to prevent duplicate answers from
being visible could be problematic.  When we generate the question
list, we don't know which questions will be visible at what time.  If
we do it when the comets are spawned, do we just discard the second
question with the same answer?  That could throw off the game
statistics.

I'll put up a GCI task to have all duplicates get zapped with a single
shot.  If we don't like it, we don't have to put the patch into
master.

Best,

David Bruce