[Tux4kids-discuss] [Tuxmath-devel] Question regarding server

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 02:30:31 UTC 2011

Hi Brendan,

> Man, have I been out of the loop. I'm trying to understand here...we want to
> run multiple instances of the server on a single machine? Or does this
> involve the client connecting to more than one server?

At least for me, I would just like to be able to support more than one
network game at a time from a single machine, eventually.  Most likely
this will be a single server program that can handle multiple
simultaneous games.  Whether or not it involves a separate thread for
each game is not essential, likewise we may or may not open a separate
port for each game.  I guess running multiple instances of the same
program on the same machine is another possibility, if we work out a
way to assign all the ports correctly.

However, for now I just want our single-game, single-thread,
single-port server to be fully functional.  We are still at the stage
of adding basic things like stopping the server and changing the
selected lesson without having to exit and restart the entire tuxmath
program.

David