[Tux4kids-discuss] tuxtype 1.8.3 released!

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Aug 20 14:24:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that I've prepared the tuxtype 1.8.3 release yesterday,
with the following ChangeLog:

Version 1.8.3
- Add Hungarian, Belarussian, Romanian, Hebrew, Thai, Suomi, Bulgarian
- Update German, Catalan, Asturian, Korean, Ukranian, Hindi, Chinese, Greek
- GPL3+ license updates
- Source code is now maintained in Git (Version 1.8.2 seems to have been
  planned in SVN and then never was released...)
- Update docs
- Many many small fixes and improvements (for linux, mac and windows), most
notably:
  - R to L display support for Fish Cascade game
  - Fix of SDL_Pango use for win32
  - Align letters more accurately on the keyboard.
  - Significantly reduced the penalty for losing shields/cities in Comet Zap,
the player can now end the game with a score other than 0
  - Added menu navigation with 'j' and 'k'
  - Fish cascade randomly chooses from the 12 new backgrounds with each level
  - Word lists can now be loaded from user_settings_path/words (editor and
games)

(Nota bene: except for assembling this ChangeLog I basically have done nothing
for the 1.8.3 release. It's all thanks to *your* work!)

What else have I done:
- pushed this to the master branch at
git://git.debian.org/git/tux4kids/tuxtype.git
- created a signed tag upstream/1.8.3
- prepared a 1.8.3-1 debian package in git in the debian branch and created a
signed debian/1.8.3-1 tag and pushed those
- uploaded 1.8.3-1 to Debian sid

What's left to do:
- upload the tgz files to alioth
- publish the news on the website
- build macos+windows binaries
- build packages for other linux distros

Help with those four steps is very welcome, I don't think I will have time|
motivation|skills for those anytime soon... ;-)

Other feedback is also very much welcome!

cheers,
	Holger