[Tux4kids-discuss] GSoC Tux4Kids Projects

Willem Longendyke willlongendyke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:00:15 UTC 2015

Hi!

My name is Willem Longendyke, I'm a second-year Computer Science and
Mathematics student at the University of Chicago, and I'm interested in
working on the Tux Math or the Tux Paint programs. I have two years of
coding experience, primarily in C, and mainly from my classes in school,
where I've worked with both Git and SVN. While I haven't really had a
chance to program on my own for pleasure, I'm really interested in learning
how to be a "real" computer programmer outside of school, and I want to
learn as much as I can about the world of computer science and programming.
Do I sound like the type of candidate you're looking for? What can I do, if
anything, to be better prepared to work on one of your projects for GSoC?
Thanks for your time!

Best,
Will