[Tux4kids-discuss] Tux Mind Exercise Games Proposal

Secret secretmapper16 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:22:14 UTC 2015

Hello and a good day everyone!

I'm Arian, and I would love to get initial feedback from you here about my
project proposal for GSOC 2015
<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015>.

Specifically, I aim to develop a series of 'mind exercise' games, the
initial idea being on the IdeasList
<https://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2015-tux4kids/wiki/IdeasList>
.

I am aiming to create up to 4-6 types of games, each favoring a specific
skillset, such as reasoning, memory. Ideas currently on my mind are, stuff
like a memory game (Cards mind game), and a Spatial Reasoning Game (Count
the cubes on a stack).

Before divulging further though, I would very much like to get to know the
potential mentor I will have for this project (if I'm accepted), so that we
can have a healthy discussion for the ideas and direction that will be best
for this proposal.

With regards to me, I'm a software developer with a few years of experience
under my belt and a handful of released titles. I strive for usability,
usefullnes, and beauty in the apps that I create. I also have experience
with educational games, which I believe will be a vital advantage to this
project. I have created multiple cross-platform educational games for the
k-12 audience for a major client. (unfortunately, I can't share who, per
NDA clause)

Anyway, You can see my portfolio here <http://arianv.com/>.

Thank you!