[Tux4kids-discuss] GSOC-2015 Project Proposal

Anirudh Alampally anirudhalampally at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:02:00 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!

*Introduction*:

I am Anirudh Alampally, a third year undergraduate student pursuing
Computer Science in International Institute of Information Technology-
Hyderabad. I am good at application and game development and I am very
proficient with the front end tools like HTML5, CSS3, Jquery, Javascript
and AJAX. I am also good in programming languages like C,C++, python, Java
etc. I prefer using Linux for my application development.

*Interested Projects:*

After having a look at the Ideas page, I was fascinated with these two
projects:

1 )Tux English : An idea where students can start from learning typing and
move on to more advanced games like Sudoku.

2 )Tux Mind Exercise : A game which enhances mental power of a human.

I am a big fan of Minesweeper. I have an idea of developing a game which is
similar to it but a simpler one for kids which helps them enhance their
mental ability and improve their Thinking power.

I would like to work on one of the projects and create few games in that
category.

*Related Work Experience:*

1)I also want you to have a look at my project which is a website builder
where you can customize different parts of a web page without any coding
practice.Tools used are: HTML, CSS, Jquery, Google Maps API, AJAX, web2py,
mysql.

link for the site :
https://anirudh27.pythonanywhere.com/integrationfinal3/default/index

2)I also developed few small games using Phaser libraries in HTML5.

3)As a part of my coursework, I developed a 3D motor racing game. The
physics and rendering was written from scratch in C using openGL, openAL.

I guess, I have enough base knowledge to work with the project for my
GSOC’15. It would be delightful if the mentor would guide me in starting
the contribution.

Thanking you
Anirudh Alampally