[Tux4kids-discuss] Applicant GSOC'15

Siddharth Gupta sidystan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:24:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

I want to contribute to the TuxPaint program . I've reviewed the site and
downloaded the program(Tux Paint Config) already. I have carefully glanced
the functioning of the program and its features minutely. Also I've
reviewed the CVS repositories trying to understand how the code works and
the internal functionalities. I have also cloned the git-repositories and
started playing around with it to get a hang of it.

I am an indie game developer and currently working on an 2D Platformer
Android Game (Java) with the help of my Android Framework. With the help of
a mentor I can successfully port some modules to android as the TuxPaint
program should spread its target audience as far as possible.My android
game prototype - Visit : sidystan.blogspot.in

 I am a Game programmer and I started my journey with SDL. I have worked
with SDL and SDL 2.0 and developed a couple of games and now I am pretty
fluent with the library.Hence I can try porting the existing modules to SDL
2.0. Thus, I believe I can successfully contribute to the porting part of
the Tux Paint program.

Apart from that I can also contribute to the Graphical User Interface of
the program .

I am well acquainted with the Version Control Systems(Git) and I've worked
in an Open Source Project - SuperTuxKart .

Kindly supply me with a mentor so that I can accelerate with the project.

Enthusiast Learner,
Siddharth Gupta