[Tux4kids-discuss] Ideas and doubts regarding Tux Mind Exercise

Kriti Joshi kritij.1601 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:13:05 UTC 2015

Hello!!

I am a second year undergrad student studying Computer Science And
Engineering at IIT Kanpur. I really liked the problem statement of Tux4ME
as it focuses on enhancing mental prowess with the help of "fun to play and
develop" games.

I have worked on android platform earlier to make a utility app for my
college's cultural festival "Antaragni". The app had features like- General
information of events, their venues and timings, result updates, important
notifications, contacts, and google maps to mark important campus
locations.
link: www.antaragni.in/antaragni.apk
link:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fujm5pn2d7E/VQZwSzKlQBI/AAAAAAAAAFM/yh53c6mbWKc/s569-no/antar.png

I am a regular practitioner of C/C++ and involved in competitive
programming hence have a good programming experience with algorithm and
strategies. I have also used Unity3D game engine to create a cryptographic
game in code.fun.do. I am new to application-making using HTML5 and
javascript but I am dedicated and capable enough to learn it and achieve
project objectives. I have developed a game so far using phaser library
called 'Star Collector'. The player has to collect all starts in minimum
amount of time.
link: http://kriti16.bitbucket.org/Game2/index.html

*My Progress on Tux4ME idea:*
I have designed one game related to each category you mentioned in the
problem statement:
(1)*Reasoning:*
*THE NIM GAME*- Initially some objects( in my case coins) are divided into
certain number of stacks(3 in example). Turn-wise each player picks any
number of coins from any stack. Choosing some coins from one and rest from
another stack is an invalid move. The player who picks up the last coin
wins.
*MyDesign:*
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tjVJPIymB00/VQZ_vMb9gcI/AAAAAAAAAH0/DH1U8fRG3zg/w979-h457-no/NIM.png

(2)*Flexibility:*
*STROOP TEST*- The famous stroop test presented inn interactive manner. A
train with different colored carriages moves and the player has to tap the
carriage with the same color as of the meaning of the color written on it.
In case reverse appears one has to reverse the answer as well
*MyDessign*:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VgNy0NTr7cI/VQaDp3R1vWI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/3ukiSan62x8/w979-h457-no/stroop.png

(3)*Attention:*
*CAB DRIVE*-Cabs are continuously assigned a destination on the map and the
player needs to ensure that the cabs reach there by modifying the junctions.
*MyDesign*:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lzuUSo0YbbI/VQaIyJX6aPI/AAAAAAAAALk/zaEFawu4YSk/w979-h196-no/cabdrive.png

(4)*Memory:*
*MUSICAL MEMO*- I thought combining music and memory could be fun. In this
game the app plays some notes and the player has to replay the notes based
on his memory.
*MyDesign*:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-R_-xlraKuGY/VQaHK_sCb-I/AAAAAAAAAK0/87GQ8qFkEMk/w979-h372-no/memo.png

(5)*Speed:*
*IDENTIFY ME*- Different figures keep on displaying on the screen along
with a text.User has to respond whether text correctly identifies the
figure(Match) or not(different) . There is a time limit, so as quickly one
answers more number of cards will be displayed.If Reverse appears answer
must be reversed.
*MyDesign*: *https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZxT5lIr-Z5s/VQbStyhfqSI/AAAAAAAAAMU/jcpbaF2kJ8w/w978-h500-no/speed.png
<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZxT5lIr-Z5s/VQbStyhfqSI/AAAAAAAAAMU/jcpbaF2kJ8w/w978-h500-no/speed.png>*
I request all mentors to guide me further and suggest some improvements in
my design. Please provide the link where I should upload my final proposal
for your review.

Thank You
Kriti Joshi
Dept of Computer Science