[Tux4kids-discuss] Regarding GSOC 2015 application.

ramachandra chowdduru ramachandra.0323 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:08:00 UTC 2015

Hie i’m C Ramachandra Sharma. I’m interested in  Tux4kids (Tux Mind
Exercise) Tux4ME project.I’m passionate about javascript and HTML.

All these are the basic ideas of the project.Please help if you feel there
is need for improvement or change.

My idea for this project:

SPEED:

For speed i’m planning to build game where kid will be given a word.Letters
will be falling randomly over screen.You want to hit mouse right click on
letter in order such that word given will be constructed from them.On
clicking each correct letter it will be filled in order in a box which is
empty starting whose length is length of word.If he hits wrong letter or
misses the correct letter then points will get reduced.If the kid completes
the challenge then in level up the speed of the letters falling will be
increased.

Example:

Given word: example.

First if kid clicked on ‘e’ then kid have to select ‘x’

If kid select any other letter other than  ‘x’  your points will be reduced
or now if you miss any ‘x’ on screen your points will be reduced. If you
clicked on wrong letter it won’t be displayed in box below where correctly
clicked letters are displayed for reference.

I think most of kids hate words may be we can replace word with a sequence
of cartoon images and cartoon images will be falling randomly.

ATTENTION:

You will be shown a ball which will be hide in one of the three bowls and
these cups will undergo a series swaps among them.After swapping completes
kid have to guess in which bowl the ball is.Initially the swapping speed
will be slow after each level up it will be increased.

  (or)

Kid will be shown a lot of things at a time and asked to name the middle
one of the shown things.For level up you reduce the time.

REASONING CAPABILITIES:

I have plan of having 3*3 TIC TAC TOE here where kid play with the computer
player of the game which will play optimally or kid can select double
players option and can play with other player :).

MEMORY POWER:

Kid will be shown some random things in a order after that all the things
will be displayed,kid have to click on these things in order as shown
before.If kid clicks on wrong thing there will be points reduction and on
each level up the speed of things show in order will increase.

FLEXIBILITY:

There will be ball hung to rope from ceiling and there will be a bowl on
ground.The kid can swing the rope by moving the ball and want to cut the
rope such that it will fall into the bowl.