[Tux4kids-discuss] GSoC project 'Tux4Kids Mobile' from experienced video game developer

Ishtiak Zaman ishtiak.zaman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 03:28:44 UTC 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Ishtiak Zaman, currently enrolled in Indiana University Bloomington as
a first year PhD student in Computer Science.

I have experience in video game development, specially educational and
puzzle based games. Developed around 5-6 free to play web based games. Most
popular game is 'Electric Box 2', developed in ActionScript 3. I developed
it from scratch with 16k lines of codes and finished in 3 months. This game
was played over 10 millions of times all over the world. Due to the
educational format of the games, it was played in some science classes in
junior schools to test puzzle solving ability of the students. Here is a
link to play the game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/TwinkleStarGames/electric-box-2

Other popular games include of 'Electric Box', 'Save the Island'.

I have also experience in graphic programming in HTML5 canvas feature and
javascript. I developed a project called 'Layout Builder' where user can
create very complex seating layout of a theatre/stadium on the webpage. I
created this project from scratch using HTML5+canvas+JS+JQuery.

I have also developed a few android apps using Java that are in the google
play store.

I am also a graphic designer, can create beautiful SVG images/animation for
games. In the link below I put some of the screenshots of a few game
projects of mine where I did the graphics myself and also some screenshots
of the 'Layout Builder' project.
https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/5ljhTXvBTPJr8ss

I am going to post a proposal for 'Tux4kids Mobile' with a few
addition/modification that would start from scratch and will work for
HTML/mobile environment in all OS/devices.

Best Regards,
Ishtiak Zaman