[Tux4kids-discuss] TuxCode : Project Idea for GSOC 2016

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:11:14 UTC 2016

Hi all, and welcome

El dt 01 de 03 de 2016 a les 20:10 +0000, en/na Bruna Nayara va
escriure:
> Hello Naveen,
>
> I have interest in contributing to TuxCode too. I was looking in the
> Tux4kids ideas list and saw that they want an multi-plataform
> development
> for TuxCode. I saw they use Haxe and OpenFL to do that.

For TuxCode you can start hunting bugs
https://bitbucket.org/adeneche/tuxcoding/issues?status=new&status=open

Yes, multi-platform, code once and deploy everywhere. About a question
on which toolkit to use, there were inclination towards Haxe some years
ago, if somebody plans to use a different toolkit, it has to be open
source and multi-platform, and convince possible mentors about its
advantages.

> I want to discuss some project ideas I have and see if they fit what
> TuxCode developers think about them, if they are interested or they
> have
> some different ideas.

So please expose them, it is hard to talk about unknown things ;)

> Have you found out if they have an proposal template that we should
> use to
> make our applications? Do you know if they are on the IRC channel??

We used too have an application template hosted at code.google.com but
it seems it has gone, will see if we can recover it from somewhere.

Best
Pere