[Tux4kids-discuss] New Idea

Akhil dandamudi akmail1289 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:37:03 UTC 2016

Sir,

I was thinking to submit a proposal based on one of these ideas. I wanted
to know whether anyone of these ideas are worth putting a proposal. I'm
sorry if these ideas have been asked before.

First:

I have seen the website for tx4kids, it looks like it is stuck in the old
days. So I want to build *a website* with better UI *for tux4kids* and
which would be the one-stop  location to know about tux4kids and its
useful software and application.

*Why do I think it is important to have a better website?*
It is important because, tux4kids mainly focuses in developing high quality
software for kids. Since we are targeting kids, for the applications build
by the organisation to be useful to them we have to first make sure that
the people who are providing the software for the kids i.e. the schools,
parents, many others, they have to be convinced that tux4kids is not just
another organisation in the internet like many which aim big but lack
pleasing. Since it is equally important to build the softwares and we
should be able to showcase it to many audience to achieve the goal of
reaching out as many kids as possible.

The new website which will be developed for tux4kids will have all the
information about the organisation and it would also have the collection of
every software and application that the organisation has build for the
kids. Like it would the only website combineing

" http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/ ",
*Tux math*: " http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/tuxmath/index.php ",
*Tux paint*:  " http://www.tuxpaint.org/ ",
*Tux type*:  " http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/tuxtype/index.php "

There would be information about the new projects by the organisation that
have been developed like *Tux Mind Math* and the upcoming projects like *Tux
Code*.

Once there is a standard website which has all the information we can build
a *discussion forum* into it, rather using different means to collaborate.
A database which would hold the data for stamps from tux paint.

Second:

My cousin has been using the tux paint android application, i.e. he is very
young and he has been playing with the app in my tablet. For start he found
it difficult to understand the application, though he was into it after I
explained how things work around in the application. So I want to build a
new interface for the currently present android application. Which would
have all the features present in the current application and I want to
develop the present features.
What I mean by developing the features?
Consider eraser there are options to select different shape but the size is
fixed, I want to provide the extra feature. Next what does the different
feature mean, there should be a guiding way to help understand how does
each feature work.

Third:

Since the world has been modernising rapidly, I think many people have
internet access across the world now than ever before. So I would like to
develop a web application for the Tux Paint which would have all features
it has in the android application and the windows based software but it
would be a webapp. Since there most of the people use service through web,
they would be pleased to find out that there is a web application of tux
paint.

I hope someone responds to this mail, as soon as possible since I'm kind of
running low on time. I'm very sorry if I have anyone across the mail.

Yours Faithfully,
Akhil Dandamudi